Our world leading technology.
VEC Imaging replaces the traditional coiled filament with nanotube (NT) field emission emitter (Cold Cathode)
Benefits Of Our Technology.
Chemically and mechanically very stable
Optimal emission characteristics (low turn-on electric field, high emission current)
Cold cathode with no heat generation (high energy efficiency)
Ultra fast switching on/off cost-effective manufacturing
Innovative NT Materials
- Improved chemical and thermal stability
- Better electrical and thermal conductivity
- Enhanced field emission properties (high emission current and higher emission stability)
New Cathode/Emitter Activation Process
VEC Imaging has taken the cathode activation process to the next level. Our new process is based on curable liquid adhesives, instead of rigid adhesive tape. Our process does not have the issue of being highly sensitive to process parameters that are difficult to control, such as the adhesive strength and applied pressure. Instead we can control the activation results with high accuracy by controlling easily controllable process parameters curing temperature and time.
New Cathode/Emitter Deposition Process
VEC Imaging has developed and patented a Paste and Screen Printing (SP) process for making NT cathodes with high accuracy. This process overcomes critical technical difficulties resulting from the chemical vapor deposition (CVD) direct growth and electrophoretic deposition (EPD) process used today in terms of control, consistency and reproducibility, we have achieved
- Excellent reliability and consistency on mass production scale
- Extremely accurate control of average film thickness (± 1.5 µm) within one cathode and among different cathodes
- Much more uniform and smooth cathode surface (surface roughness ± 3 μm)
- Improved production yield and reduced material and production costs