VEC Imaging provides a wide array of medical applications
A wide array of medical systems.
Multibeam nanotube (NT) based x-ray tube and control/power electronics
VEC Imaging is a component provider. Our integrated system, includes the MBX Nanotube, electronic control system, high voltage generator, cables and connectors. These components can be used in a variety of applications.
VEC Imaging Nano Tube technology is superior
- Blurring effects are avoided due to the removal of mechanical rotating parts
- Weight is reduced compared to commercially available systems
- Installation in mobile stroke units is possible
- Transportation of intensive care patients to radiology is avoided
- Acces to tomography in image guided surgery is provided
- Dose exposure is reduced and dose management is improved due to pulsed mode of operation and individually adjustable pulse length to the patients needs
- KV switching fastened compared to X-ray tubes based on thermionic emission
- Scan time is accelerated and more scans at the same time can be performed providing new perspectives and higher resolution in perfusion and angiography CT
- Cost for maintenance and service is lowered due to using a modular design
Static Digital Breast Tomosynthesis
The new NT-2518c is a Nano sphere tube with 25 X-ray sources and multiple x-ray beams used for 3D mammography. Compared with the traditional 3D mammography, the scanning can be completed by stimulating each Nano emitter at different positions in order to emit X-ray beams at different angles, without the rotation of the frame and the ball tube used in traditional mammography.
- Static system design eliminates image blurring of conventional systems caused by x-ray tube movement, significantly improving image resolution
- High resolution of static system makes it possible to detect micro-calcifications (MCs)
- Tomosynthesis imaging can be done by electrically turning on and off x-ray sources at different locations without tube movement, resulting in extremely fast scans
- Fast scans reduce imaging time and improve patient comfort
- Innovative x-ray tube technology and system design reduces system acquisition and maintenance costs
Static Digital Breast Tomosynthesis System
VEC’s prototype MSX tubes for static digital breast tomosynthesis system
MBX Tubes for Mobile Head and Extremity CT-Applications
For patients, indicative to a stroke or other severe, acute cerebral injuries, time is brain. A fast and precise diagnosis (commonly) based on CT scans is essential for the choice of an appropriate therapy and key to an optimal recovery. To speed up the clinical workflow, CT scanners need to both mobile and flexible. VEC Imaging’s MBX-tubes will be the technological platform for a mobile, compact, light weight HEAD-CT scanner providing an unprecedent multi-modality (including extremities) to radiologists.
The MBX tubes designed by VEC Imaging offer various benefits for any upcoming Head CT-Scanner in terms of stroke diagnosis, intensive care treatment and image guided surgery.
Our MBX tubes will assist in detecting and localizing strokes and other cerebral diseases on a shorter timescale, with higher accuracy and much lower doses of radiation.
- Well defined X-ray pulses while in operation mode, compared to thermionic emissions, improves dose management resulting in reduced radiation exposure.
- Imaging Pulse durations can be individually adjusted for each patients’ needs.
- Fast scan rates reduce imaging time and improve patient comfort
- More scans can be performed in a fixed time interval, providing new perspectives and higher resolution in perfusion and angiography CT
Since MBX technology is dedicated to a non-rotating gantry approach which provides a:
- more compact design in its dimensions and with reduced weight.
- higher resolution full CT with no image blurring due to using a fixed gantry approach
- System costs are lower due to the use of line detectors and the removal rotating gantry parts.
Diagnostic imaging is decoupled from its stationary use in hospitals and their radiology departments.
- Scanners are easily deployable in mobile stroke units
- This highly mobile system can be moved to intensive care patients instead of transporting patients to a radiology room
Mobile Head CT System
C-Arm Tomosynthesis Benefits
- Compatible with existing C-Arm system with enhanced capabilities
- High resolution 3D TOMO images with no image blurring. All X-ray sources remain static, there is no C-arm movement
- Surgeons are now able to get new perspectives, with 3D tomography images in image guided surgery
- Easily deployable to various patient protocols ranging from brachytherapy to abdomen, chest, breast, spine, head and neck examinations as well as image guided surgery
- Multi functionality including fluoroscopy for real-time 2D guidance, 3D tomosynthesis for fast 3D imaging, and full 3D cone-beam CT
Mobile C-Arm System
Mobile Chest/Abdomen full CT Scanner
- High resolution full CT with no image blurring due to the static system design
- Extremely compact and light weight system made possible by the simple design and elimination of a rotating gantry
- Easily deployable to various patient protocols ranging from brachytherapy to abdomen, chest, breast, spine, head and neck examination as well as image guided surgery
- Highly mobile system can be moved to intensive care patients instead of transporting patients to a radiology room
- Pulse durations can be individually adjusted based on the patient’s needs, allowing for improved dose management and lower radiation doses
- X-ray sources can be turned on and off instantly, avoiding unnecessary x-ray generation compared to X-ray tubes based on thermionic emission
- Fast scans reduces imaging time and improve s patient comfort
- More scans can be performed in a fixed time interval to provide new perspectives and higher resolution in perfusion and angiography CT
- Lower system cost because of the use of line detectors